- What are the major forces that shape this particular
period and culture?
- What happened?
- How did it happen?
- Why did it happen?
- How can we isolate the rhetorical context?
- What are some of the social norms of the day?
- What are some of the cultural values?
- What was the prevailing temperament?
- What situation, event, or preference engages in the
- How doe the rhetor (in this case, the hacker) provide
some response to a problematic situation that constitutes a major
social or cultural issue?
- Can we create a space in which we can consider the
discourse as accurate and thorough?
- What terministic screens or lenses can we use to
highlight the context of the hacker?
- How is this discourse rhetorical--both for its time
and by current standards?
- How can we best show the discourse as relevant for
a contemporary audience?